Policy Communications Director
Match Group is looking for a Director of Policy Communications. This person is going to be an ambassador for our business. They will help prep executives respond to what is currently in the news and help us frame the narrative proactively on issues around privacy and security.
- Build and execute proactive communications programs for press, policy makers, and other groups to communicate Match Group’s deep commitment to the privacy, security and safety of our users.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with reporters focusing on technology, government, and foreign affairs, as well as other external stakeholders.
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of time-sensitive issues with high stakes and visibility.
- Devise and lead proactive media campaigns for Match Group on key innovations related to privacy and security – working closely with teams across our brands.
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, statements, briefing materials for executives and more.
- Prepare and train spokespeople.
- Represent the Communications team in a wide range of internal, high-impact discussions including with cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company.
- Support crisis communications and be able to quickly drive a cross functional team when needed.
- Manage PR agencies and coordinate with GR and legal teams to support these efforts.
- 8-10+ years of experience in communications for a technology company, government, NGO, or political campaigns
- Experience managing crises communications and developing communications strategies
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into plain language for a variety of audiences
- Experience creating messaging materials, and working collaboratively with groups across our portfolio including Legal, Government Relations, and Comms teams at our various brands.
- Experience developing global communications campaigns
- Experience working with a public relations agency or communications consultants
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-05