Policy Communications Manager, Android & Google Play
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant in-house or agency public relations, public affairs, journalism, or corporate communications experience.
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgement in fast-paced, high-stress environments as well as ability to escalate appropriately.
- Creativity in proactive and reactive communications approaches.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Policy Communications Manager, you will be working to support Android and Google Play. Android and Google Play are key pillars of the Platforms & Ecosystems organization at Google, which provides computing platforms and services that are used by billions of people around the world. We support ecosystems of developers, businesses, and OEMs that bring these platforms to life across apps, services, and devices.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive positive press coverage and overall awareness of Android and Google Play’s platforms and policies.
- Manage press interest around developer policy updates, controversial content, policy enforcement, and related issues.
- Be a media spokesperson for Android and Google Play, communicating the platform’s policies, tools and broader key messages to the press.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with key journalists and influencers in tech, and teams across Google.
- Work closely with Android and Google Play’s Government Affairs and Public Policy, Trust & Safety, Legal, Marketing, and Product and Engineering teams to distill complex concepts and issues into coherent and easy-to-understand communications material.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-08