Policy Compliance SME
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI is seeking a Policy Compliance SME. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in teams, working with various internal and external stakeholders, working with information systems, validation and verification of data by comparing and analyzing data from various sources, and reporting findings in a meaningful way. All work will be performed in a collaborative environment, and team skills are imperative. This role will involve working with the Federal government including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Work will be primarily conducted at LMI headquarters in Tysons, VA and at the client site in Maryland. Travel will vary, dependent on contract requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of compliance and monitoring, with significant state and federal regulatory experience, relating to health insurance markets and health policy.
- Provide technical assistance, communicating with State Departments of Insurance and issuers, in conjunction with federal government direction and oversight.
- Candidates shall possess in-depth knowledge of the health insurance industry.
- Lead and train a small team of policy analysts or other members and stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures related to compliance analytics, working with existing capabilities, to include advanced analytics to provide new, efficient and effectives offerings for our clients.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan, perform, lead, and review documentation at the enterprise level and/or of diverse and complex regulations and businesses;
- Design and perform programmatic procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes;
- Establish and build working relationships with internal and external management;
- Communicate the results of reviews to management (written reports/oral presentations);
- Lead staff during task reviews and provide feedback on work performed;
- Must show initiative to execute routine and ad hoc tasks with minimal supervision.
An ideal candidate will have the following: strong knowledge and expertise in federal health regulations, health insurance markets, and compliance best practices; strong analytical skills, communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong problem-solving and logical reasoning skills.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience related to the policy compliance SME area noted above, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Education: A Master’s degree in public policy, public health, information management, statistics, business, or related fields.
Job posted: 2020-10-29