Policy Coordinator, International Government Affairs
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- To support Global Trade Policy and Global Government Affairs team operations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate coverage of key public and private sector events, based on priorities identified by the GGA team.
- Help build and maintain a set of advocacy resources for the GGA regional network and senior Abbott leaders.
- Support GGA regional network, task forces and committees as assigned.
- Monitor policy trends and proactively identify opportunities and risks in key markets in order to advance Abbott’s policy goals.
- Represent Abbott in public and private sector meetings and drive policy priorities, as identified by the GGA team, in those discussions.
- Build relationships with key Washington, D.C.-based U.S. and foreign government officials, as well as key private sector stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Position has moderate impact on Abbott business operations and includes interaction with senior managers.
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information. Data is typically employee-level or one-dimensional.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Reports to Senior Director, Global Trade Policy.
- Bachelors Degree required. A Master’s degree in political science, public policy, or public health is a plus.
- Very good project management and organizational skills, including managing a complex array of projects and personalities, are required.
- Must have excellent software skills. Must be fluent in English (oral/written).
- Requires strong analytical skills to anticipate and dissect a complex range of public issues and assess their impact to Abbott. Incumbent must be able to apply sound judgement to the analysis and resolution of various challenges inherent in managing fast-moving government policy issues across different business units and external stakeholders. A high degree of interpersonal skills are required.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements is necessary.
- The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgement within the scope of their assigned project and activities.
- Knowledge of key Abbott countries and experience living in those countries are a plus.
- Existing relationships with foreign embassy staff and relevant business trade associations are a plus.
- Experience with government-to-government economic, political and trade fora is a plus.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-20