Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Evergreen seeks a full-time Policy Director to lead a team developing bold, detailed policies that will tackle the climate crisis and help us transition to a just and equitable economy run on 100% clean energy. The primary responsibilities will include guiding policy planning and development, writing new policy products, and managing a policy team that is focused on a climate policy agenda built around ambitious sectoral clean energy performance standards, robust federal investments, and prioritization and integration of environmental justice throughout. The Policy Director will also be able to work with Evergreen’s communications, digital, and campaigns teams to ensure policy products have maximal impact. The ideal candidate will have strong policy research and analysis skills, a deep understanding of climate policy and its domestic politics, and 5+ years experience working on federal climate policy or politics.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop Evergreen’s policy agenda, including primary responsibility for identifying and communicating the organization’s policy positions, and managing a team of policy staff.
- Lead and manage original policy research and development for Evergreen policy products and positions, flowing from Evergreen’s ambitious ‘standards, investments and justice’-based policy agenda.
- Work with campaigns, communications and digital teams to communicate Evergreen policy positions to lawmakers, advocacy partners, the press, and the public.
- Draft multipurpose policy content for digital and press team.
- Research existing and new legislation, and executive action, as it relates to Evergreen policy priorities.
- Develop a plan of engagement in state-level policy.
- Help represent Evergreen in coalitions and tables across the climate movement.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Evergreen.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described
- Experience working in government, non-profit, or campaign setting is preferred
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see them through to completion
- Familiarity with federal climate policy and/or Hill experience is preferred
How to Apply
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Director” in the subject line.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $108,000-$132,000/ year
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match retirement account and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The President and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Evergreen’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Policy Director” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2021-12-15