Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
About the Organization
Colorado People’s Alliance (COPA) is a racial justice, member-led organization dedicated to advancing and winning progressive social change locally, statewide, and nationally. COPA builds power to improve the lives of all Coloradans through leadership development, organizing, and alliance building.
Our work is conducted through a racial justice lens because we understand that systemic oppression is the root cause of the issues we work on. We believe that those who are closest to the pain should be the ones leading the work for change, which is why we have a member-led model to ensure our community leads our work.
COPA works on Economic, Climate, and Immigrant Justice issues. We are fighting for clean air and safe drinking water, for the dignity and humanity of all immigrants regardless of color and/or status, and for an economy that works for all of us, not just corporations.
COPA is seeking a Policy Director to advance our mission and organize for climate, economic, and immigrant justice forward. The Policy Director will work closely with the organizing team on ensuring members are centered and leading COPA’s policy efforts and to ensure they have the tools to successfully move forward our legislative goals. In addition, the Policy Director will work to increase COPA’s relationship with elected officials, lead different coalition spaces, work with COPA’s lobbyist, work with national partners, and create robust policy campaign plans. Other projects as assigned and needed.
We are looking for a passionate individual that is ready to join our team and grow our organization.
● Have deep understanding and commitment to a racial justice framework ● Have deep understanding and commitment to gender equity
● Minimum of 3 years of full-time, professional experience working in a non-profit organization
● Experience leading a team
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build genuine relationships with community members, allies and elected officials
● Strong mobile communication skills and computer skills
● Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends ● Demonstrated ability to manage details and track information
● Versatile team player who can work with others and on their own
● Experience in organizing preferred but not required
● Experience with policy work
● Bilingual- Spanish/English preferred but not required
● Access to reliable transportation
● Experience in planning and executing campaign plans
● Strong public speaking and facilitation skills
● Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
This position is a full-time position. COPA offers a comp time policy, generous vacation package and sick days. We offer mileage reimbursement, cover 100% of health, dental and vision insurance. Annual salary starts at $62,000 a year and it is based on experience.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter and three references with the subject line “Policy Director Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Job posted: 2021-12-15