Policy Enforcement Manager, Adult Content, Trust & Safety, YouTube
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in operations such as scaled or sales operations, vendor management, process or organizational optimization.
- Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
- Experience with identifying abuse trends or working in news or policy.
- Experience with SQL and data analysis.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube Trust and Safety is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with a global team of Policy, Enforcement, Product, Engineering, Tools, and Legal to prevent violative content from appearing on the site. You’ll evaluate abuse trends and quality within vendor operations, and you’ll develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows and processes. You will review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. You will also lead cross-functional global programs to create business impact. This role will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how our Adult content policy impacts YouTube users, platform changes and new product launches. Think strategically, and keep our users safe from harmful content, while protecting freedom of expression.
- Design and enforce policies for Adult content for YouTube through the lifecycle of identification of gap / opportunity, data analysis, proposal, approval and final implementation with post implementation controls.
- Design and execute global cross functional programs on improving key badness & operations metrics. Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on proactive and reactive measures.
- Follow up on anomalies by deep diving into metrics, and formulate specific hypotheses on operational health, testing such theories and providing data-driven recommendations for leadership.
- Manage policy enforcement escalations and developing new enforcement guidelines, delivering training to reviewers and providing expert enforcement advice on grey policy areas.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-27