Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy and Government Affairs Director
Who we are:
We’re a passionate, hard-working, and quick-moving group of people that are driven by the mission to save the planet. We believe we can make a difference in the battle against climate change by leading the carbon capture and sequestration industry and we are building a like-minded team to help do just that.
Carbon America is the first vertically integrated company in the industry – a one-stop-shop of engineers, project managers, developers, and financiers focused on capturing more CO2 in shorter amounts of time and at lower costs.
As a start-up, there are a few key attributes that all Carbon America employees possess. We are creative problem-solvers, we wear many hats, we are agile, and we work as a championship team. It is important that every hire connects to our vision, mission, and values as a company. Join the leader in the CCS space in making climate change history™!
The Policy and Government Affairs Director will be responsible for engagements with groups such as industry coalitions, task forces, the U.S. Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, and applicable state and local entities involved in legislative and regulatory efforts related to carbon capture and sequestration. Across these fronts, the Director will advocate for policies supportive of CCS and Carbon America’s positions through direct engagements and coalition efforts and support such advocacy efforts through written and verbal communications. The person in this role will be responsible for tracking and communicating to Carbon America key policy and regulatory movements. This person will be directly responsible for relationship management and building strategic partnerships that secure Carbon America’s position as an industry leader. This role will help position Carbon America as a policy thought leader by enhancing our narrative and driving strategic focus on our core policy objectives.
The Director will engage across disciplines and leadership within Carbon America to gather input and insight for advocacy efforts. The Policy and Government Affairs Director will also work closely with the Land, External Relations, and Regulatory & Environmental Compliance to track and advise on external engagements in support of clear and consistent messaging, and to support the development and implementation of broader corporate communications strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Represent Carbon America with industry coalitions, task forces, and applicable state and local entities involved in CCS legislation and regulatory efforts.
- Advocate for CCS policies and Carbon America’s policy positions via direct verbal engagements, presentations, and written documents.
- Network with diverse groups and work to influence toward key policy efforts.
- Track and communicate the company’s policy and regulatory movements.
- Meet with leadership to discuss advocacy efforts and goals.
- Work together with the Director, Land & External Relations and the Director, Regulatory & Environmental Compliance to craft and oversee clear, consistent brand messaging and to develop broad corporate communication strategies.
General Requirements and Job Details:
- Must be able to work at a computer for at least eight hours per day.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- This position is based out of our Lakewood, Colorado offices or remotely in the Washington DC area
- Salary is based on experience and location factors.
- For Colorado residents, the salary range is $130,000.00 to $170,000.00 commensurate with experience.
- This is a Monday through Friday, Full-Time, Exempt position
- Periodic travel will be required for in-person meeting with counterparts in relevant organizations, conference participation, etc.
- Benefits include:
- 401(k) + 401(k) matching
- Life AD&D insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans with employer contribution
- Paid time off + Paid holidays
- Company ownership options
At Carbon America, we believe that when you put the common good over personal gain you make the world a better place. We work together in alignment with our company’s values to find solutions to climate change.
Carbon America is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-16