Policy and Government Relations: Government Relations Lead Analyst
Deloitte’s Policy and Government Relations (PGR) group is currently looking to add a Government Relations Lead Analyst to the team in Washington, DC. This role will begin on a remote work basis and eventually be based out of its Washington, DC office.
Policy and Government Relations Core Functions:
- Protect Deloitte’s business interests and expand growth opportunities through advocacy, education, and engagement at the federal and state levels
- Establish Deloitte as a trusted thought leader by promoting the Firm’s eminence with government stakeholders and policy influencers at the federal and state levels
- Support internal and external clients by monitoring, analyzing, and providing insights into the political, legislative, and public policy landscapes
- Identify and analyze policy trends to help inform business decisions, develop policy positions, and advance the Firm’s business objectives and initiatives
- Support federal government relations team by managing a portfolio of legislative and regulatory initiatives, and reporting on legislative, regulatory, and political developments relevant to Deloitte and its business interests
- Advance federal legislation and PGR policy priorities
- Analyze, synthesize, and present relevant information for dissemination internally to the firm’s businesses and client account teams
- Cover hearings, markups, and trade association meetings; summarize key takeaways and implications for the firm’s business interests
- Support federal PGR team by developing and managing relationships with Members of Congress and staff on relevant issues
- Provide project management support to the federal PGR team
- 5-6+ years of professional experience, including Hill or related experience
- A keen understanding of the legislative, regulatory, policymaking, and political processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and work in new policy areas with little previous expertise
- Experience covering hearings, markups, and meetings
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Quick analytical thinker, able to effectively monitor, synthesize, translate, and summarize complex policy, legislative, and regulatory topics for use by internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to self-direct work
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Team player with clear demonstration of ability to work in a dynamic, team-based, deadline-oriented environment
- Travel of up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience working on issues related to appropriations, financial services, tax, technology, health care, and government contractors
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong Excel skills
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-23