Policy and Government Relations Manager-E21WASSMGRJD055-PGR5
Policy and Government Relations Manager
Deloitte’s Policy and Government Relations (PGR) group is currently looking to add a Manager to the team in Washington, DC. This role will begin on a remote work basis and eventually be based out of its 12th Street Washington, DC office.
Policy and Government Relations Core Functions:
- Work with leadership to set the Firm’s policy agenda
- Identify and analyze policy trends to help inform business decisions, develop policy positions, and advance the Firm’s business objectives and initiatives
- Protect Deloitte’s business interests and expand growth opportunities through advocacy, education, and engagement at the federal and state levels
- Establish Deloitte as a trusted thought leader by promoting the Firm’s eminence with government stakeholders and policy influencers at the federal and state levels
- Support internal and external clients by monitoring, analyzing, and providing insights into the political, legislative, and public policy landscapes
- Conduct research, provide analysis, and prepare issue briefs explaining the political, societal, and legislative dynamics on a wide range of policy issues
- Manage a portfolio of public policy issues and track and report on policy trends and developments, providing recommendations on positioning
- Closely monitor and flag legislative and regulatory actions that could impact the Firm
- Provide project management support to the Public Policy leader on federal and state public policy priorities, including developing timelines and reporting
- Develop briefing materials for leadership and client service teams
- 5-8+ years of professional experience in public policy
- A keen understanding of the legislative, regulatory, policymaking and political processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn policy issues quickly and work in new areas with little previous expertise
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Quick analytical thinker, who is able to effectively synthesize, translate, and summarize complex policy topics for use by internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to self-direct work
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with senior-level and peer-level practitioners
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Team player with clear demonstration of ability to work in a dynamic, team-based, deadline-oriented environment
- Travel of up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or in the government affairs or advocacy community
- Experience working on issues related to financial services and capital markets or climate change and sustainability
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30