Policy and Government Relations Manager
Policy and Government Relations Manager
701 Pennsylvania Avenue
Deloitte’s Policy and Government Relations (PGR) group is currently looking to add a Manager to the team in Washington, DC. This role will be based in the 701 Pennsylvania Avenue office.
Policy and Government Relations Core Functions:
Work with leadership to set the Firm’s policy agenda, including policy priorities and positions
Promote and protect the Firm’s business interests in Washington and in state capitals by actively engaging key policy makers and influential policy stakeholders
Conduct analysis of trending policy issues in the external environment and anticipate potential impact on the Firm
Build and maintain relationships with members of Congress, state lawmakers, administration officials, and key policy influencers (e.g., think tanks, industry associations) in support of the Firm’s policy and legislative priorities
- Provide both strategic and project management support to the Public Policy leader on federal and state public policy priorities, including developing timelines and reporting for multiple workstreams
- Prepare policy briefings and talking points on proposed legislative and regulatory actions
- Manage a portfolio of public policy issues and track and report on policy trends, providing recommendations on engagement
- Closely monitor and flag legislative and regulatory actions that would impact the Firm in areas such as (but not limited to): labor and employment, education, data privacy, and technology
- Develop briefing materials for Deloitte leadership, including US Executive and US Board
- Assist PGR Lobbyists and Policy Leader with various initiatives to execute on Deloitte’s PGR priorities
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in the public policy or political realm
- An understanding of the legislative, regulatory, and policymaking process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing projects or initiatives, including deliverables at various phases of maturity
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent projects and work streams
- Quick strategic thinker, who is able to effectively synthesize and translate complex material for education/engagement purposes both internally and externally.
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to self-direct work
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with senior-level and peer-level practitioners
- Strong PowerPoint presentation development skills
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Team-player, with clear demonstration of ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Master’s degree in public policy
- Strong relationships on Capitol Hill or in the advocacy community
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career
Learn more here
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20WDCSMGRJD009-USL5
Job posted: 2019-05-15