This Policy Manager primarily serves as the product and content expert for designated accreditation or certification products. In this capacity, the Policy Manager leads and participates in activities associated with:
- Development and maintenance of product-specific Standards and Guidelines.
- Clarification of content-specific issues for external and internal customers.
- Review, preparation and/or presentation of educational materials and regulatory crosswalks.
The Policy Manager has and maintains a current knowledge of the healthcare industry and works collaborative with members of the Policy team and with other areas of the organization to help advance NCQA’s mission and support efforts to make NCQA a Great Place to Work.
Policy Clarification Support:
- Provide direct support and clarification on complex questions regarding Standards and Guidelines and associated performance measures.
- Prepare written responses to questions for customers and verify proposed responses prepared by Policy Analysts and other staff.
- Prepare content for posting as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or policy updates.
Development and Enhancement of Products:
- Serve as the product and content champion for assigned products and content areas, maintaining knowledge of the current health industry and regulatory environment and apply it in development and enhancement activities.
- Participate and support NCQA multi-function teams, committees and external workgroups involved in the development and enhancement of assigned products.
- Ensure that products and content are accurate and completed on time.
- Research content, conduct analysis, synthesize feedback, assess quality of standards, prepare written summaries, incorporate changes and recommendations, rewrite/edit Standards and Guidelines for assigned products.
- Update assigned products as necessary based on feedback from customers and instructions from Leadership or Policy management.
- Serve as content expert and primary contact for assigned content area.
- Review and edit content specific areas of proposed write ups and educational materials.
- Review and update deeming crosswalks, annually.
- Develop and maintain Medicaid/Medicare Modules.
- Participate in strategies to grow and maintain non-duplication efforts across state and federal regulatory entities.
- Serve as a public policy consultant, content expert and primary contact for Public Policy related issues.
Collaboration and Organization Integration:
- Participate in collaborative and integrative projects with other areas such as:
- Public speaking engagements.
- Education planning committees.
- Surveys and Surveyor training.
Required Skillset and Education:
- Masters Degree
- 3-5 years working with managed care in some setting: may be consulting, provider org., etc, or similar relevant experience in health care industry
- Decision making, diplomacy, delegation, discipline, team management, critical analysis, writing, other communication, able to work under pressure, deadline oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
NCQA is a drug free workplace. NCQA recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals, and administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected statuses under applicable state and federal laws.
NCQA will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-09