The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is seeking a full-time Policy Manager. This position may be based anywhere in California. CPEHN maintains offices in Oakland and Sacramento. The Policy Manager is responsible for assisting with the development, management, and implementation of CPEHN’s policy agenda. The Policy Manager works closely with the Senior Policy Manager and the Policy Team to develop CPEHN’s policy priorities with a special focus on administrative priorities in behavioral, oral, and primary health. The Policy Manager will help the organization develop policy priorities to meet the demands of emerging issues.
CPEHN works closely with communities of color across the state to elevate local voices and health issues to state and local policymakers and help communities of color advance policy change and structural reform that creates equitable conditions for their communities.
The Policy Manager will conduct policy research and data analysis. The role will include policy research (original and secondary), critical thinking, and the ability to effectively synthesize diverse information, using knowledge and experience to interpret data, and work effectively across teams with CPEHN. They will also plan and execute virtual and in-person policy events across California.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about health equity and has a background in policy research, data analysis and working with communities of color. Our ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates strong research and writing skills, exhibits effective advocacy with policy makers and working groups, and has skill in analysis and critical thinking. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned advocate to apply their skills and be a part of a fantastic team working to improve health equity in communities of color in California.
- Analysis with strong critical thinking and equity lens
- Ability to coordinate within and across teams and offices
- Detail oriented
- Ability to distill and translate technical policy issues and complex information to the general public
- Ability to work with grassroots partners and integrate their voice in advocacy efforts
- Experience creating and conducting effective online surveys
- Experience planning in-person and virtual events
- Experience tracking and managing grant deliverables
- Ability to work with various partners and coalitions
- Writing and content creation for the general public
- Cultural humility and ability to understand issues impacting all communities of color
- Work Experience: At least 4-5 years of experience working in policy research, preferably at a nonprofit or community-based organization. At least three years of experience working on issues relating to communities of color or working with communities of color.
Compensation and Benefits:
$63,000 – $69,000 (DOE). Excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, sabbatical leave, and more). CPEHN provides all employees with professional development funds to grow and hone skills relevant to their work.
Submit your application in PDF document including a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples (no longer than 2 pages). Writing samples can include (but are not limited) to education materials, policy memos, policy briefs, one-pagers, literature review, poster board, etc.
Submit complete applications to: email@example.com, subject: Policy Manager
Position open until filled.
Job posted: 2021-02-17