Ripple is seeking a highly organized and engaged individual to join our DC-based policy team. Reporting to our Head of Policy, this individual will assist in outreach with regulators and central banks domestically and globally, advocating for policy changes that support continued growth and responsible innovation in the digital asset space. As an integral part of our small but agile policy function, you will work on some of the most exciting regulatory and business issues in fintech today.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help educate regulators, central banks, and customers on Ripple’s solutions and the company’s role as a fintech service provider.
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments domestically and globally to advise on potential impacts to Ripple’s product roadmap.
- Participate in industry working groups on matters of crypto policy.
- Assist in drafting comment letters and white papers that advocate for responsible innovation and adoption of emerging payment technology.
- Assist in drafting thought leadership pieces on issues related to digital asset adoption and financial policy.
- Assist in developing and executing a regulatory engagement strategy supporting Ripple’s growth and presence domestically and globally.
- Cross-functional collaboration and ownership, including working with nearly every team at Ripple.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- JD or MPP preferred, but not required
- 5-7 years experience working in regulatory relations, policy, or advocacy within financial services, preferably focused on payments
- The ideal candidate for this role has experience analyzing regulations and authorizing legislation
- Interest in emerging payment technology, including digital assets
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner (whether written or verbal)
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Job posted: 2021-10-10