Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Climate Registry’s (TCR’s) Policy Director is part of the senior management team and oversees TCR’s voluntary greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting and verification programs, accounting and verification guidance, and the Climate Registry Information System (CRIS) platform. The Policy Director ensures that TCR’s registries reflect evolving best practices, that TCR members, participants, and verification partners are well served, and that new opportunities to grow TCR registry services are implemented. The Policy Director leads and coordinates a team of staff, interns, and contractors and reports to the Executive Director.
· Lead the administration and advancement of TCR’s voluntary GHG reporting programs, including the development and maintenance of standards for GHG accounting, Water-Energy accounting, and verification, as well as the online reporting platform (CRIS), training, and other resources to ensure all are current, relevant, and an accurate reflection of best practices.
· Lead strategy definition and contribute to the development of new services that support TCR’s mission, including new guidance, membership benefits and options, and CRIS functionality.
· Evaluate and prioritize opportunities to promote TCR’s programs and support recruiting efforts.
· Advise staff on the criteria necessary to demonstrate credible climate leadership in TCR’s recognition programs.
· Act as the final authority on TCR’s GHG accounting and verification requirements, both internally and externally.
· Support TCR staff, members, participants, and verifiers in interpreting and implementing TCR’s reporting, verification, and accreditation requirements.
· Provide strategic guidance to TCR management and colleagues on the Registry Services Team’s capabilities and needs as well as current trends in GHG accounting and disclosure.
· Supervises Registry Services team members guide them to develop their subject matter expertise and works to enhance and build their leadership potential.
· Liaison with the Board of Directors Policy and Protocol Committee.
· Lead annual and multi-year resource planning, proposals, fundraising and budgeting for Registry Services.
The right person for this opportunity is passionate about working to create a sustainable future, demonstrates leadership capabilities in terms of implementing program strategy and guiding personnel, has a demonstrated ability to build relationships and problem solve, and is confident in communicating both verbally and in written format. The successful candidate will also demonstrate competency in conducting research and the ability to digest technical documents, perform calculations, analyze data, and present results in a simple and understandable fashion.
● At least five years of experience working with GHG quantification methodologies, stakeholder management, and technical guidance development and/or implementation.
● A Bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant scientific, technical, or policy field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
● Experience with and knowledge of GHG accounting policy and programs, including the WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, ISO 14064-1 and 14064-3, the U.S. GHG Reporting Program, and California’s GHG reporting requirements under AB 32.
● Experience working with government agencies, expert stakeholder groups, industry groups, and others.
● A minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience in greenhouse gas measurement and verification, energy and environmental consulting, environmental policy, environmental or related field
● Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
● Exceptional facilitation, problem-solving, and technical writing abilities
● Strong customer service and interpersonal communication competencies.
● U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
● Intellectually curious and open to learning new skills.
● Team player and quick learner who focuses on high productivity and results.
● Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality.
● Self-starter with a proactive attitude who can anticipate needs and problem-solve.
TCR offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. TCR also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance and retirement saving options.
The position is available immediately and is located in LA, Bay Area, DC, or NY. All eligible applications will be considered; however, no travel or relocation assistance is available. Due to the volume of responses received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us, we wish you the best of luck in your employment search. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Search: Policy Director”:
● Cover letter
Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
The Climate Registry provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Under the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act, new employees must present proof that they are legally authorized to work in the United States
Job posted: 2021-12-15