Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Manager, Accreditation Policy
The Policy Manager, Accreditation Policy participates in content development and review for all Accreditation Policy projects and ongoing efforts related to the accreditation/certification standards and guidelines. They work with external customers to interpret and answer questions about implementing the standards and guidelines for NCQA’s accreditation/certification programs. They participate in the training of internal staff, external surveyors and supports the training of other external customers. They also assist in developing and implementing training programs.
Education and Training Programs
- Participates in development and implementation of annual and quarterly surveyor training programs for existing and new standards.
- Serves as speaker/faculty for Speakers’ Bureau and other NCQA educational conferences.
Policy Clarification Support
- Provides clarification on questions regarding Standards and Guidelines. Prepares written responses to questions for customers and verifies responses prepared by others.
Development and Policy Maintenance
- Serve as a content or product champion as assigned
- Review publications during development
- Participate in development activities and support the process as needed
Support efforts led by Accreditation and Recognition Operations (ARO)
- Assist with Corrective Action Plan (CAP) Reviews and Reconsiderations.
- Support Account Management effort by evaluating and recommending solutions for issues or questions raised by the participating corporate accounts.
- Presents recommendations to leadership and applicable committees.
- Collaborate with the Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs team to review and evaluate regulatory affairs efforts in applicable states and across federal programs.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field with relevant work experience
- 3-5 years working with managed care in some setting: may be consulting, provider organization, etc., or similar relevant experience in health care industry
- Decision making, diplomacy, discipline, project management, critical thinking, writing, presentation/public speaking, able to work under pressure, deadline oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
NCQA is a drug free workplace. NCQA recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals, and administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected statuses under applicable state and federal laws.
NCQA will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-24