Policy Manager, Writer – Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Help write the history of UnitedHealth Group as a part of Community & State while healing the health care system and improving the lives of others.
The Policy Manager/Writer will work directly with Policy, Business, and Market Leads to respond to Requests for Information and support development of other advocacy documents for states. The individual will also identify, research, and analyze emerging trends and ongoing developments in state Medicaid policies. This individual will help conduct analyses of state and federal legislation, administrative policies, and regulations in support of the development of national policy positioning and state tailored policy positions, as needed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports development of response strategy and leads the writing of responses to state Requests for Information (RFIs) and other state related advocacy documents
- Supports research and market opportunity analysis related to new/greenfield markets
- Develops and reviews national policy advocacy and thought leadership documents
- Engages in ad hoc research related to national and state emerging policy trends
- Assists with policy analysis and development of advocacy positioning, as needed
- Background in Health Care/Medicaid/Public Health
- Solid writer/editor, particularly policy, legislative, or regulatory writing
- Experience engaging in policy research and analysis, preference in area of health care/Medicaid
- Excels in use of word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Systems thinker with strong analytical thinking skills
- Being Accountable
- Ability to act on priorities in timely manner
- Thinks creatively to overcome challenges/obstacles to getting work done
- Building and Applying Technical and Functional Skills
- Can adeptly apply knowledge and skills to a task
- Willingness to stretch into more advanced spaces to increase job performance
- Communicating with Others
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form
- Ability to distill content down to needed details and must knows
- Values opportunity to work with and learn from colleagues
- Willingness to spend time building networks and relationships to support successful job performance
- Delivering Results
- Goal-oriented and committed to high quality work products
- Pushes self and colleagues to deliver results that serve the needs of one’s customers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working in managed care organizations, State/Federal Governmental Agencies, State Legislative and/or Congressional offices
- 3+ years of experience with professional writing in policy settings (e.g. RFIs, constituent responses, policy briefs)
- Background in Health Care/Medicaid/Public Health Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Administration or related field
- Experience in effectively and efficiently managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency in analyzing policy information; experience communicating the findings to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal writing, oral, and presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Policy Manager, Writer, Managed Care Organizations, State/Federal Governmental Agencies, State Legislative, Congressional Offices, Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Administration, Medicaid Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Remote, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-10