Policy Operations Manager
The Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy and regulatory outcomes that support Instacart’s long-term growth and sustainability, and the success of our key stakeholders. We educate and build trust with policymakers at every level of government, helping them understand our business, products, and the innovations we bring to local communities across North America. Directly and indirectly, we help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and ecommerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Policy Operations Manager runs operations for the Policy and Government Affairs team by ensuring smooth workflows, processes and communications and fostering a healthy and productive workplace culture. A key liaison to other internal departments, the Manager also hosts external Department events and visitors.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Operationalize Department strategic planning process and track team objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Manage Department annual budget process, working with Business Operations team to produce forecasts and track expenditures
- Lead preparation for key Department meetings and presentations, including developing agendas, coordinating logistics, creating presentation decks and securing external speakers
- Coordinate department vendor processes, working closely with Legal and Business Operations on contract approvals and invoice tracking
- Generate status reports, presentations and other collateral to brief the Executive team and other internal partners on Department activity
- Host Department events at Instacart Headquarters, including Executive-level meetings with policymakers, VIP speakers, policymaker delegation tours, and industry receptions
- Lead onboarding of new Department team members, working with Human Resources to welcome them to our team culture and workflows and serving as a resource as they acclimate
- Champion Instacart’s mission and values, organizing team activities that bring colleagues together and inspire team spirit
- You have proven project management experience in a corporate, government or political campaign setting
- You exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- You demonstrate acute attention to detail and follow through
- You absorb new information and learn new skills quickly, with appropriate resources and support
- You are an enthusiastic team player, making others feel welcome and pitching in wherever needed to get the job done
- You demonstrate courtesy, professionalism and strong interpersonal skills, especially with VIP stakeholders
- You exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
- You have experience using Google Sheets/MS Excel to track budgeting and expenses
- You have experience using Google Slides/MS PowerPoint to develop dynamic presentation
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04