Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Operations Senior Associate
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital assets into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class Policy team to lead Coinbase’s engagement, advocacy, and outreach efforts with policymakers around the world. In this role, you will be one of the first members of the Policy team, at a company where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm. You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development, with an immediate and critical impact in Coinbase’s global policy strategy.
The Coinbase Policy Team is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial professional to lead the Policy Operations team. Reporting to the Chief of Staff to the Chief Policy Officer, the Sr. Associate, Policy Operations will support a rapidly growing team of government affairs experts. You will work closely with a variety of policy professionals across the team to directly support the team in executing on its mission.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work strategically with the Chief of Staff and other members of Policy to understand the growth trends and operating needs of the policy team. You will be relied on to anticipate the growing needs of a 60+ person policy team.
- Steer alignment among leadership around policy operations priorities and general strategy, and guide the policy team in adopting best operating practices that will allow the team to effectively scale.
- Provide day-to-day project support by onboarding, tracking, and providing status updates on external service providers/vendors.
- Monitor and maintain internal and external communication channels and route inquiries to the appropriate SME.
- Process and maintain information for external relationship management tracker and calendar of events
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal clients and cross-functional support partners to track and standardize process documents, onboarding documents, and document retention
- In partnership with leadership and the Chief of Staff, build annual budgets and work cross-functionally with the finance team to oversee the policy team’s budget and forecasting model.
- Manage hiring, onboarding & resourcing needs for the team.
- Provide administrative and operational support for events hosted by the Policy team
- Assist with special projects as they arise.
What we look for in you (i.e., job requirements):
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in project management
- Exceptional professional judgment, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to execute within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- High level of accuracy, superb attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to process highly confidential data and maintain discretion.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with direction and minimal oversight, but who is also a team player and can support other projects when needed.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of public policy relating to crypto
- Experience at high-growth startup or tech company and/or experience at a government relations firm
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $105,400 or $127,075* + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-19