Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Partner, Crypto
Policy Partner, Crypto
Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Coinbase, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Uniswap. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
We are looking for an experienced policy partner to join our mission of advancing the next generation of the internet. You will work directly with a deep bench of policy and regulatory experts, with backgrounds from the Hill, the State Department, SEC, CFTC, and DOJ, to craft and advance our overarching policy platform for the way decentralized technology can benefit open societies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships.
- Work closely with our Global Head of Policy and the policy team to conceptualize, draft, and distribute publications and collateral articulating our policy platform for web3.
- Support our policy team and prepare briefing materials ahead of meetings with key decision makers at the federal, state, local, and international levels.
- Provide strategic planning and guidance to the policy team, communications team, and investment team on trends, developments, and opportunities in the legislative and political landscape.
- Engage with academics, think tanks, and other outside validators to stay abreast of public policy debates around web3 technology.
- Represent a16z in conversations with key officials and other policymakers.
- Collaborate with trade associations and counterparts at other organizations on joint policy efforts.
- Track our overall engagement and manage compliance with lobbying disclosure laws for our team.
- 3-7 years of experience in working or advising on policy issues around nascent and emerging technology in government, civil society, or client services.
- Strategic problem solver who exhibits intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and ability to succeed when given a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to measurable results.
- Passion for crypto, web3, and decentralized technology.
- J.D., M.B.A., or M.P.P. preferred.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-20