Policy Principal – (190002D7)
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Smart Mobility Policy and Risk Management Team Leader is work directly and with the Smart Mobility team on advanced, highly-complex professional planning, policy, and risk management activities. This Team Leader will function as a senior policy professional with expertise in a particular specialization in areas such as Policy Planning, Federal, State and Local Mobility Funding or local, State and Federal Strategies, Accessible, Automated, Connected Electric and Shared legislative, regulatory and policy, risk management for advanced mobility systems. This Team Leader will further advise clients on privacy, data management policies and data sharing policies and practices; development and application of safety standards; and processes for deployment of smart technologies, including autonomous, connected, dockless and demand responsive platforms.
The planner and policy lead will provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs and manages complex and sensitive professional smart mobility planning projects, research and analysis
- Oversees specialized planning functions such as monitoring and analyzing smart mobility policy, funding and trends on a local, state, regional and national level
- Advises the Mobility Innovation Lead and Senior Vice President, Transportation Sector, North America on Accessible, Automated, Connected, Electric, and Share mobility on planning and policy-related matters
- May serve as liaison to a number of agencies including the US Department of Transportation, professional standard setting agencies, smart mobility partners, and others
- Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal smart mobility government policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of specialization such as transportation policy, transportation funding, and economic development.
- Research methods and statistical principles related to policy analysis in the field of smart mobility.
- Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
- Pertinent knowledge of federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations including recent changes.
- Principles and practices of supervision, training and personnel management.
- Knowledge of recent developments, current literature and sources of information related to smart mobility planning and administration.
- Citizen involvement and stakeholder engagement techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, econometric or transportation modeling (primarily understanding of outputs), database management, or GIS.
- Knowledge of work with state DOTs, DMVs, municipalities, counties, transportation agencies and regional planning agencies is preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in (Planning, Economics, Geography or Human Resource Management). 15 years of experience working in the planning, policy, regulatory, legislative or transportation planning field. Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or a Juris Doctorate preferred.
Previous experience working in-house at a public agency preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job posted: 2019-07-26