Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy and Public Affairs Senior Manager
At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
At Shipt, we are transforming the shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour. More importantly, we are a purpose-driven company rooted in the belief that every person counts and that we are in a unique position to help spark connections between people across the country.
Shipt is growing and we are searching for a policy and public affairs professional to join us as a Senior Manager. This position will offer the right candidate the opportunity to drive public policy development at a fast-growing company in an industry at the forefront of the future of independent work. This role reports to the Director of Business Communications, Policy and Public Affairs – and will work closely with the Government Affairs team. A successful candidate will love diving into how the details of a policy will impact communities, bring a strategic and long-term mindset to the table, and be a strong cross-functional collaborator.
- Spearhead the development of public policy positions, with a focus around long-term priorities, that reflect Shipt’s business objectives and support our shoppers, customers, retailers, and team members.
- Lead cross-functional working groups that manage reactive decision-making on public policy issues.
- Manage public affairs strategies that support Shipt’s policy and governmental affairs goals, including building grassroots campaigns and liaising with key stakeholders, think tanks, and non-profit organizations.
- Work closely with our Government Affairs teams to help them advocate our policy positions and tell Shipt’s story.
- Partner with Shipt’s Social Impact and Community team on their programmatic initiatives that align with our policy priorities.
- Monitor and analyze policy issues and developments of importance to Shipt and provide strategic advice to business leaders.
- Support Shipt’s civic engagement initiatives, both internal and external.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of experience in policy/public affairs
A firm grasp of policy issues impacting independent contractors and delivery companies like Shipt
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-18