Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy & Research Manager
AARP’s Policy, Research and International Affairs leads the development and communication of AARP’s public policies and, research and insights on the issues that matter to people 50-plus.
Conducts policy research analysis to support the development of the organization’s public policy priorities and position. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive public policy campaigns and advocacy strategies. Utilizes extensive research methodologies to conduct primary research and plans and implements research products accordingly.
- Serves as a deep subject-matter-expert on issues of importance to the organization. Participates in roundtables, forums and working groups.
- Develops and works with cross-functional teams to identify the organization’s public policy priorities and position. Builds and leverages external relationships to achieve results.
- Analyzes federal and state legislative and regulatory proposals and provides objective policy analysis to inform national and state debates and the organization’s position and engagement.
- Conducts policy research and analysis to identify opportunities and develop solutions for internal and external audiences. Analyzes secondary and syndicated data and conducts literature reviews to develop insights.
- Writes reports and recommendations that demonstrate thought leadership and support enterprise objectives. Produces written reports and convenes public meetings to gather information and insights, disseminate findings, share best practices, and advance solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Economics, Finance, other Social Science, or a related discipline, and experience in policy research and project management required and 7+ years experience.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop policy-focused communications and work under tight deadlines, are required.
- Proficient in project management and presentation tools, online research, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and across multiple departments.
- Strong collaboration skills and matrix team management experience required.
- Interest in healthcare and public health, financial security and consumer protection policy issues.
- Regular and reliable job attendance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships.
- Independent judgment and discretion requiring the employee to compare and evaluate various courses of conduct and make a decision (or recommend a decision to be made) after various possibilities have been considered.
- In-office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories.
Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job posted: 2023-01-22