Policy & Research Manager
ACORE seeks a policy and research manager with knowledge of federal and state electric power sector policies to promote the expansion of U.S. renewable energy in support of ACORE advocacy, policy and government relations objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Policy & Government Relations, this position will work closely with the senior leadership team and ACORE members to primarily manage policy-related member programs and meetings, closely monitor U.S. policy and industry developments, and produce high-quality written materials.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and/or managing multiple ongoing tasks and projects, be deadline focused, have strong written and oral communication skills and resolve problems creatively and logically.
- Monitor and analyze energy and tax policies, staying abreast of current federal and state policy debates, as well as developments in renewable energy finance and markets
- Develop and drive the delivery of high-quality written materials, including policy analyses, market reviews, white papers, public comments, blog posts, and correspondence to lawmakers and regulators
- Assist in the development and execution of ACORE advocacy, policy and government relations activities, including coordination of meetings and preparation of presentations and analyses for use in engagement with Federal and state officials
- Build and maintain high-level knowledge of the renewable energy sector and specific policy, finance, market and regulatory issues of relevance to ACORE members and staff
- Assist in the management and support of ACORE’s U.S. Partnership for Renewable Energy Finance (U.S. PREF) and Partnership for Renewable Energy Integration and Market Expansion (PRIME) member programs
- Participate in the planning and execution of ACORE meetings, events and annual signature conferences, especially the annual National Renewable Energy Policy Forum
- Assist programs, communications, membership, sponsorship and other internal teams in support of ACORE’s mission and organizational objectives
- Support other tasks as assigned by the policy team
- Knowledge of U.S. energy/electric power policy, finance and markets, including knowledge of the current renewable energy landscape (particularly for solar and wind power)
- Excellent written, research, analytical and communication skills, with preference for prior experience producing reports, briefings, public comments and other written materials
- A minimum of three years of policy, research, program and/or project-related work experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required with an advanced degree (e.g., JD) relating to public policy, energy or finance preferred
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, partners and other companies
- A collaborative and collegial work style that compliments a small office
- Fluency and comfort with applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please submit a cover letter, highlighting your specific qualifications for the position and a personal resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above.
Job posted: 2019-02-28