Policy and Strategy Lead, Public Right of Way
Panasonic – Policy and Strategy Lead, Public Right of Way
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected mobility technology is poised to radically transform the safety, efficiency, accessibility and long-term financial viability of the transportation industry. Panasonic’s Smart Mobility Office is developing cutting edge data aggregation and insights platform capabilities dedicated to manage public resources for the public good through a commitment of data standards and open source software housed in the Cloud that brings together the digital and physical worlds to make mobility safer, efficient and more accessible. As government agencies look for new and innovative ways to positively impact the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, Panasonic’s SMO tests, develops and launches technology that provides real-time situational awareness such as crashed and disabled vehicles, adverse weather events, and much more.
The Panasonic Smart Mobility Office is poised to leverage our work in connected mobility services to co-develop in partnership with public agencies data collection and aggregation systems to test and operationalize modern transportation revenue generation systems based on use of the publicly funded transportation assets, primarily roads.
For more information on the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office: https://na.panasonic.com/us/smart-mobility
What You’ll Get to Do:
As the Public Right of Way Policy & Strategy Lead, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers, creatives, researchers, data scientists, business and technology leaders and government partners to launch new data collection, aggregation and processing capabilities to enable secure and accurate customer billing and collections. Our solutions will power the next generation of public right of way asset management and monetization to modernize how public sector agencies unlock the long-term sustainable revenue needed to build, operate, manage and maintain safe, efficient and effective mobility systems across, cities, regions, states and the nation
- Identify, Research, Track, Analyze & Develop Policy
- Track public agency transportation policy developments at the local, regional, state and national levels relative to revenue generation and needs and public right of way management
- Develop and formulate Panasonic SMO’s policy issues and opportunities to inform proposal approach, and product/solution development that can meet public agency needs.
- Conduct ongoing research on statewide, national, and federal activities and efforts related to transportation policy, finance, programs, regulations, etc. to ensure the maximization of information to inform Panasonic SMO decision making, advisement, perspective, and knowledge base.
- Manage relationships with key policy organizations and associations across the transportation industry.
Coordinate, Communicate & Collaborate (Internal + External):
- Support the Panasonic SMO’s industry and government outreach and relations program through communication and collaboration across SMO and PNA.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with transportation partners at the local, regional, state and national level, including cities, counties, tribal governments, metropolitan planning organizations, transit agencies, ports, associations representing local governments, and private sector transportation fleet owners.
- Coordinate and communicate this information in partnership with other Panasonic government relations professionals to increase education, awareness and knowledge about public agency issues, product/solution development and business opportunities and implications.
- Develop and coordinate within the Panasonic SMO to communicate findings with the Cirrus Analytics, Research and Insights group, NextLab, OneConnect and other divisions and teams as needed to inform shifting customer needs, priorities & expectations
- Lead regular updates of policy needs, issues and implications at all levels of government to inform problem statement(s) and product/solution development.
- Review, analyze and brief the Panasonic SMO President and business leads on key legislation, and budget documents, assessing their impact on public agency needs and operations, local, state, regional and federal transportation policy, finance or revenue, and formulating a response or providing testimony.
- Participate as key proposal team member to the Road Usage Charge (RUC) / Mileage Based User Fee (MBUF) state DOT proposal(s)
- Support NextLab Public Right of Way Gameboarding to further explore opportunities to monetize and manage the public right of way in partnership with public and private sector partners
- Participate in & Attend Industry Meetings / Share Knowledge & Insight Gained with SMO Teams
- Identify and participate in key industry organizations including but not limited to ITTBA, ITS America, Open Mobility Foundation and others to educate members about Panasonic’s technology capabilities to address customer issues, build trust across the transportation industry (both public and private entities) and identify potential partnerships and opportunities to further the Panasonic brand and reach into new smart mobility markets.
- Develop and coordinate a meeting cadence on behalf of Panasonic SMO with RUC/MBUF pilot organizations and agencies to identify and develop informational presentations, understand customer needs and expectations, and advising on state of technology development and capabilities.
What You’ll Bring:
Scope: Policy exploration, understanding, and analysis on implications and impacts to product/solution development; translate and communicate public policy needs to technical product development staff; support broader Panasonic government affairs
Education & Experience:
- Degree of academic achievement (Bachelor Required, Master preferred) in urban planning, transportation, civil engineering, public policy/public administration or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in transportation policy and funding, road usage charging and/or mileage-based user fees, curbside management, government affairs, public relations
- Broad working knowledge of transportation industry and related organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Experience with the interface and interplay between public, private and non-profit sectors relative to transportation policy including but not limited to equity, privacy, and security
- High Level Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Project Management
- Organize and Manage in a Dynamic, Complex Environment
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal/external contacts, are required.
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Passion for big picture, complex systems and effectiveness in the details necessary to identify issues and solutions
- Get-stuff-done attitude focused on value, quality, and continuous feedback and learning
- A collaborative mindset and experience working with technical, creative, and public and business stakeholders
- Practical experience using data and policy to understand and develop clear problem statements and drive solution development, product decisions, outcomes, and KPIs
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Job posted: 2020-10-08