Political Action Committee Manager
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Manager, PAC will lead all aspects of AmeriHealth Caritas’s PAC activities which includes leading the company’s Annual PAC Campaign, while managing the relationships and responsibilities with our parent company, Independence. In addition, the role is responsible for all aspects of campaign contribution pre-clearance, campaign finance and pay-to-play laws, lobbying law updates and coordination and administration of all IBC PAC activities.
Primary Responsibilities Includes
- Development and execution of annual PAC Campaign across current and future lines of business for all eligible associates.
- Lead efforts to ensure ACFC is compliant with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures, including employee solicitation, member communication, the collection and review of candidate fundraising events, the coordination with candidate fundraising committees, and tracking contribution requests.
- Primary relationship manager for the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies to Independence Public Affairs Department.
- Developing a strategy to increase participation in the PAC
- Designing and implementing training and communication plans throughout the year to educate PAC members and newly eligible employees on the value of their support
- Maintain member engagement through interactions with all levels of associates who are PAC participants.
- Prescreen, evaluate and prioritize all fundraising event requests for the company.
- Develop and coordinate all PAC activities including member events and campaign activities (PAC Kickoff Breakfast, President’s Circle Reception, and Annual Membership Breakfast).
- Identify AmeriHealth Caritas representation for political fundraising events (60+ events annually).
- Develop an enterprise wide PAC Expansion Strategy for the District of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and South Carolina markets.
Governance Work Includes
- Maintaining updated documentation for policies, laws, regulations and procedures for campaign funding, lobbying and pay to play laws.
- Primary point of contact with external legal counsel relevant to any PAC related issues.
- Administering process to pre-clear internal campaign giving requests.
- Ensuring required lobbyist filing is timely at a federal and national level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in public policy.
- 5 years Government relations experience in a similar industry or equivalent.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to quickly changing circumstances.
- Corporate PAC experience preferred.
- Experience in campaign funding and lobby laws preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-20