Political Action Committee Manager
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Government Affairs group. We are looking for a Political Action Committee Manager to oversee the CHS Political Action Committee (CHSPAC) multi-year fundraising and communications plan. You must be a strategic and creative leader who is team-oriented, collaborative and adaptable with a commitment to results. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven ability to build strong working relationships is essential, as well as ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to support the issues that matter to CHS and help to elect and re-elect Members of Congress who support our legislative agenda.
- Develop and manage the CHS Political Action Committee (CHSPAC) multi-year fundraising, marketing and communications plan, which includes strategies, tactics, goals/benchmarks, investment recommendations, and budget focused on retaining and upgrading existing donors and significantly expanding donors at all levels.
- Coordinate PAC requests, maintain PAC related data and reporting consistent with the PAC’s activities, goals, and budget; and coordinate all company hosted political events.
- Annually assess the current donor base and capacity to give as well as donor prospects with specific targets.
- Work with VP for Government Affairs to build the infrastructure needed to achieve fundraising, marketing, and communication strategies and plans, e.g. staff, outreach and communications channels.
- Develop and manage the process to hire consultants needed to meet increased goals for fundraising, marketing, and communications.
- Work with the VP for Government Affairs, CHS PAC Advisory Committee, CEO and board to develop cultivation and “ask” strategies, and training as required, to target major donors.
- Coordinate all fundraising activities.
- Serve as the primary staff resource for the PAC Advisory Committee, including planning meetings, creating meeting agendas/materials.
- Provide detailed reporting of all fundraising efforts tracked in the CHS PAC database.
- Manage compliance program for CHS PAC including filing of all federal lobbying reports to appropriate agencies.
- Foster and build relationships with Congressional Members Finance teams and other relevant political persons.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, governmental affairs, communications or related degree
- 7+ years of experience to include:
- Building a broad, sustainable and measurable fundraising program e.g. brand and messaging multiple channel outreach including web-site and social media tools, and events
- 3+ years of experience with government affairs (federal, state, and local) and policymaking
- Direct professional experience with and advanced understanding of PAC structures and compliance
- Advanced professional experience coordinating creative event planning activities
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Master’s degree
- PAC fundraising experience
- Knowledge of agriculture, energy, or related cooperative industry
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-05