Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Political Action Committee (PAC) Administrator
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Political Action Committee (PAC) Administrator
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Sr. Associate, Political Action Committee Administrator at Capital One, you can achieve results you never thought possible by leading critical and strategic business processes. In this exciting role, you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders. You will work with smart, talented people who will challenge you to excel. You will be rewarded for your passion and your achievements.
This individual will be a member of Capital One’s Government and Policy Affairs Group (GPAG) and perform all operational aspects of Capital One’s political contributions strategy including through the Political Action Committee (PAC) and corporate expenditures. Additionally, the PAC Administrator will be charged with the day-to-day management of all legal and regulatory requirements associated with lobbying and PAC disclosures at the state and federal levels.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company’s political expenditures. These duties include but are not limited to budgeting, reconciling disbursements and receipts, as well as PAC donor management and engagement.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws that govern political contributions and lobbying disclosure requirements.
- Advance and support the role of the Government and Policy Affairs Group and the importance of public policy issues with Capital One’s internal and external constituencies including presentations and written communications.
- Support event coordination with internal and external partners.
The person will:
- Exhibit a proven track record of process management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in PAC management or public policy
- 3 years of experience with a blend of public policy, communication, event planning, political action committee, political fundraising, or campaign management experience
- Team player who is a self-starter, passionate about his/her work and innovative in solving problems, overcoming challenges, and achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment, with exceptional attention to detail and timing
- Understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a confidence and comfort interacting directly with corporate executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional research, data collection, and analytical skills.
- Experience managing multiple demands and constituents and staying organized in a complex business environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-03