Political Action Committee (PAC) Manager
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Federal Affairs, the PAC Manager is accountable for the development and management of the AHIP Political Action Committee (PAC).
The PAC Manager oversees all aspects of AHIP’s Political Action Committee (PAC), including strategy, fundraising, events, marketing and solicitation campaigns, and the monitoring of legislative and regulatory trends impacting the health care industry. This role also oversees and ensures all PAC events and efforts remain in compliance with all federal lobby laws. The PAC Manager also assists the Federal Affairs department with other tasks as needed.
Manages all aspects of the AHIP Political Action Committee (PAC) in coordination with the Federal Affairs, Legal, and Finance Departments, including:
- Develops and executes AHIP’s PAC strategy, planning, fundraising, events, membership, prior authorization/solicitation, and marketing campaigns.
- Develops and manages internal and external marketing strategies and solicitation/authorization campaigns throughout the year to build awareness of and support for AHIP’s PAC.
- Serves as liaison to AHIP’s PAC Board, member companies, and AHIP Federal Affairs staff to identify and target candidates for AHIP education and support.
- Develops a method of tracking member company’s relationships and political giving with elected officials.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key political fundraisers.
- Executes and attends fundraising events at AHIP and other venues.
- Provides timely reports and updates on PAC activities.
- Manages PAC donor database, maintains organized records of all PAC receipts and disbursements, manages the disbursement of all PAC contributions, handles PAC correspondence, and produces internal PAC reports and analyses.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of FEC reports and lobbying disclosure reports at both the federal and state level.
- Ensures AHIP events maintain compliance with all federal and state lobby laws and memorandum.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises PAC administration
- Knowledge of the structure and functioning of the government in terms of its impact on the private sector; knowledge of current policy issues affecting the organization; and understanding of political goals of AHIP member plans.
- Thorough knowledge of federal laws and regulations governing PACs.
- Possesses demonstrated good judgment, a well-developed sense of propriety, political acumen, and ability to think constructively with flexibility in dealing with complex and changing political situations and possesses exemplary organizational skills.
- Experienced working with senior-level executives.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work on complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- 5 years of experience managing a PAC, including fundraising and event planning;
- 5 years of experience working with Federal Campaign compliance and Lobby laws.
- 5years of experience in government affairs and in political campaigns and fundraising
- Experience working with Congress and/or state legislatures at various levels with sensitivity to political considerations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Certification Requirements: None.
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50% of the workday.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., however may require long hours and weekend work.
- This position can work remotely 50 – 100% of the time within a week
- This position may require face-to-face interaction at our DC office or other locations less than 50% of the time within a week
Locally Up to 5%
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-02