Political Advocacy Director
The Political Advocacy Director will be responsible for managing and administrating the CVS Health PAC, corporate political giving and implementing a corporate political strategy at the federal and state level.This position serves as the hub in the government relations department for political and civic engagement. Political savvy, the ability to create and implement strategies to support business goals through political advocacy and experience in a corporate environment are essential elements of this position. You will also have responsibility for coordinating all internal corporate compliance requirements and communications as well as ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal law.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Developing a political advocacy strategy that reflects and supports the goals of government affairs and the enterprise.
• Coordinating PAC and corporate political contributions, developing and implementing a multi-year fundraising, marketing, personal commitment and communications plan.
• Retaining contributions from current donors and expanding the number of donors to the PAC.
• Developing and implementing an aggressive communication and personal contact campaign to bring in new PAC donors across the enterprise and communicate the importance of engagement.
• Drafting communications, including all solicitation materials, invitations, presentations, talking points and an annual PAC/Engagement report.
• Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state and Federal campaign finance law including state pay to play laws.
Minimum 8 years of relevant experience including:
• Significant experience managing a political action committee.
• Significant experience with corporate giving strategies.
• Experience in successfully building and implementing a PAC fundraising program that includes solicitation campaigns as well as personal commitment programs, such as a PAC Ambassador program
• Experience and understanding and familiarity with Federal and state policy making process and government relations.
• Working knowledge of local, state and federal disclosure and reporting, including FEC laws and filing requirements, state pay to play laws and the Lobbying Disclosure Act;
• Commitment to sound financial practices and experience working with human resource and financial functions within a large organization
• Experience preparing materials for company hosted events for all participants and guests.
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Self-starter with a strong commitment to getting the details right.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and confidence interacting directly with corporate executives.
• Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Job posted: 2019-09-09