The McClatchy Company
As a key member of the McClatchy Sales team, the Political & Advocacy Partnerships Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction throughout the company’s advertising sales organization in the areas of business development, sales strategy, functional strategy, and operational procedures. The scope of responsibility includes oversight of all political and advocacy advertising in McClatchy markets to ensure overall sales volume increase through business development both inside and outside the Beltway.
This key role will work as part of the corporate digital sales team but must develop strong relationships throughout the organization with each market ensuring a cohesive approach to coordinate national, state and local political and advocacy sales strategies.
- Ensures overall ad sales volume increases through business development activity, identifying new opportunities in all markets and converting them into actionable department strategies.
- Develops political revenue goals and objectives, ensuring goals and objectives are met through monitoring departments and individual work performance, offering assistance as necessary.
- Provides product and technical expertise to assist teams and personnel in developing strategies to increase political ad sales volume.
- Consults with management and clients to develop advertising solutions to fit clients’ needs and challenges.
- Serve as a strategic lead and as the primary point of contact for all market-based political management and sellers within the company.
- Assists with rate card and inventory management for political advertising processes
- Monitors the market as well as competitors’ new or changing product and service offerings.
- Oversees approval process for all political ads to ensure compliance.
- Ability to travel to meet with clients or assist markets as needed (up to 75%).
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
- 3+ years in digital media/advertising with experience in direct sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Time Management and organizational aptitude is a must
- Excel and contribute in a fast paced team environment
- Detail and solution oriented
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Proactive problem solver and change leader
- Experience in taking ownership of a project and seeing it through to completion
- Applied knowledge of market research and analytics tools
- Able to communicate appropriate metrics to clients
- Familiarity with ad serving/ad management software, such as Doubleclick for Publishers and DART SalesManager, a plus.
Job Posted: April 8, 2017