Political Affairs Coordinator
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a Political Affairs Coordinator in its Washington D.C. office. NAMIC is the largest property/casualty insurance company trade association, with nearly 1,400 member companies serving more than 170 million auto, home, and business policyholders.
The Political Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of both the organization’s political action committee (NAMIC PAC) and grassroots programs. From an overview perspective, the coordinator will be involved in executing strategy for both programs as well as growing the participation of each.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the effective day-to-day administration of NAMIC PAC including tracking of prior approval process, incentive club management, and donor appreciation.
- Manage the database activities of the PAC and grassroots programs.
- Assist in targeting member involvement for PAC and grassroots through letters, phone calls, emails, newsletters and other solicitation materials as scheduled annually.
- Assist with grassroots action alert preparation and tracking, key contact program management and website content.
- Responsible for the administrative duties for the association’s fly-in program, the Congressional Contact Program (CCP).
Qualifications of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience within the political arena, particularly with political action committees, political campaigns, lobbying organizations, grassroots programs, or Capitol Hill.
- Association work experience is a plus.
- Experience in software systems that support political involvement programs is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and event planning experience a plus.
NAMIC is a growing organization that has been advocating for a strong and vibrant insurance industry since its inception in 1895. This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter that includes salary expectations to: email@example.com
Job posted: 2019-01-23