Political Affairs Director
POLITICAL AFFAIRS DIRECTOR
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) currently has an opening for a Political Affairs Director in its Washington D.C. office. NAMIC is the largest property/casualty insurance company trade association, with nearly 1,400 member companies serving more than 170 million auto, home, and business policyholders.
The Political Affairs Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of the association’s political programs, including the political action committee (NAMIC PAC). The ideal candidate is one who has extensive experience fundraising for political action committees, as well as familiarity with grassroots programs and communications.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute effective fundraising campaigns for NAMIC PAC, including payroll deduction and peer-to-peer programs.
- Supervise all fundraising activities and maintain financial oversight of the NAMIC PAC.
- Manage the activities of the political affairs staff .
- Build and maintain donor relationships, develop and assist member companies in soliciting and collecting contributions internally and hosting events.
- Manage and oversee corporate and federal PAC giving in the states.
- Create and maintain effective advocacy relationships among the NAMIC PAC, the NAMIC membership, and elected officials.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other industry organizations to maximize collaboration opportunities.
- Develop and implement programs to inform and train NAMIC members on NAMIC’s current political activities and their role in participation.
- Contribute to the design and execution of issue campaigns.
- Contribute to the effective execution of soft dollar fundraising effort.
- Ensure effective PAC disbursement process and strategies.
- Manage NAMIC’s grassroot fly-in program, including outreach efforts, communications, calls to action and web presence.
- Provide insights and analysis of all congressional elections.
- Be aware and conversant in top policy issues that affect the insurance industry.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with congressional office fundraisers and staff; represent NAMIC at related events.
- Write news stories promoting NAMIC PAC and highlighting its accomplishments in NAMIC and industry publications .
Qualifications of this job include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience within the political arena, particularly with political action committees, lobbying organizations, and grassroots programs.
- Association work experience a plus.
- Proven record of substantial fundraising experience.
- Experience in software systems that support political involvement programs is a plus.
NAMIC is a growing organization that has been advocating for a strong and vibrant insurance industry since its inception in 1895. This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter that includes salary expectations to: PoliticalAffairsDirector@namic.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2020-11-04