Political Affairs Manager
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a Political Affairs Manager in its Washington D.C. office. NAMIC is the largest property/casualty insurance company trade association, with nearly 1,400 member companies serving more than 170 million auto, home, and business policyholders.
The Political Affairs Manager will work with NAMIC’s Political Affairs Director on all aspects of the organization’s political strategy to include the political action committee (NAMIC PAC), NAMIC’s Congressional Contact Program, federal and state grassroots programs and election monitoring, to increase political involvement amongst the association’s membership.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the effective administration of NAMIC PAC including process development and adherence, disbursements, PAC political and corporate budget management and record-keeping.
- Manage the NAMIC PAC small donor political giving program.
- Perform hosting responsibilities for NAMIC PAC fundraisers in the Government Affairs Office.
- Assist NAMIC Political Affairs Director with planning meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events.
- Work with Public Affairs to enhance a social media strategy to encourage political involvement.
- Responsible for staffing PAC activities at NAMIC meetings including its annual Convention.
- Assist with grassroots action alert preparation.
- Research election information as needed regarding congressional races.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other industry members for the purposes of education and building relationships as a source of PAC information.
- Assist with administrative support for NAMIC’s fly-in program, the Congressional Contact Program (CCP).
- Write news stories promoting advocacy programs and events.
Qualifications of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of extensive experience in association PACs, government relations, political fundraising, or political campaigns.
- Experience in event planning.
- Strong experience with excel.
- In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes. Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, to include FEC laws and filing requirements.
- Experience with PAC and grassroots software programs.
NAMIC is a growing organization that has been advocating for a strong and vibrant insurance industry since its inception in 1895. This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter that includes salary expectations to: email@example.com
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2019-07-03