Political Affairs Manager
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a PAC and Political Affairs Manager to join our U.S. Government and Industry Affairs Team in Washington, DC.
The PAC and Political Affairs Manager would be responsible for the development and implementation of PAC and grassroots programs by maximizing fundraising, strategically targeting PAC contributions and encouraging and coordinating increased political involvement within the company. This individual will implement the strategy for all aspects of the Political Action Committee (PAC) management and strategy, grassroots activity and engagement, oversight of political and grassroots involvement tools, internal and external Fundraising, contacts and relationships with campaigns and party organizations, and organizing fundraisers. The PAC and Political Affairs Manager would also be responsible for management of political compliance processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management and administration of Corteva PAC
- Prepare and maintain state and federal PAC contribution budget
- Oversee reporting requirements for applicable federal election laws and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal Election Commission regulations
- Develop and lead fundraising strategy for Corteva PAC
- Serve as staff liaison to the CORTEVA PAC Board of Directors
- Manage recordkeeping of PAC activities, donors, contribution recipients and disbursements
- Lead all PAC marketing and communications to members including the development of reports and newsletters for internal and external use, as well as donor recognition events and programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with campaign fundraisers, members of the agriculture industry, and other stakeholders
- Oversee political compliance efforts
- Responsible for all aspects lobbying disclosure reporting at the federal and state level
- Work with Government Affairs and Industry Affairs team to ensure alignment of legislative strategy and Corteva PAC goals
- Provide political evaluation and fundraising analysis throughout the election cycle
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and adherence
- Maintain working knowledge of Corteva’s advocacy priorities and key agriculture policy issues impacting our Company, industry, and customers
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BA/BS in marketing, political science, business, or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite and tools, including Excel.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as a part of a team.
- General knowledge of the legislative process and interest in politics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds is required
- 3-5 years of experience working with or for a PAC or in government relations, campaigning, fundraising, or on Capitol Hill
- FEC compliance knowledge is preferred
- Unwavering attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills required to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your well being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Learn more here
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
Job posted: 2020-04-27