Political Affairs Program and Advocacy Coordinator
To provide professional and responsive assistance to the Governmental Affairs division by fulfilling the administrative responsibilities for the formulation, coordination and implementation of the Institute’s political initiatives, policies, and related issues. This position will also assist with general support of NEI’s third-party advocacy coalition to complement all grassroots and coalition efforts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet tight deadlines and anticipate complex needs in a high-paced manner on multiple subject matters.
- Coordinate and maintain schedules.
- Set up for meetings, produce and provide materials in a manner that reflects the professional and detail-oriented reputation of the nuclear industry.
- Organize and implement initiatives for the purposes of fundraising and advocacy recruitment
- Perform administrative duties that require the use of a variety of office equipment and requires familiarity with software necessary for managing e-mail distributions and web-posting.
- Maintain files for the department.
- Prepare and distribute newsletters and other information and materials.
- Assist in preparations for and attend PAC related functions.
- Process and track invoices for PAC and charitable donations.
- Provide assistance to other part of the division as required.
- Assist with the development of educational, advocacy and outreach materials for various audiences.
Attend and manage outreach at state-based advocacy events and conferences
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably within
a Congressional office or fundraising firm.
- Coordinate meetings with government officials and industry representatives.
- Prepare presentations, databases and other meeting materials.
- Coordinate and implement off-site meetings, luncheons, and receptions.
Working knowledge of Capitol Hill and political campaigns.
Skills & Abilities:
Requires ability to think and act independently, ability to anticipate workload
fluctuations and set workload priorities to accommodate simultaneous multiple
Punctuality and attention to detail are prerequisites.
Strong written and communication skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and Power Point required. Knowledge
of online programs as BGov, or equivalent service, is helpful. Database
Bachelor’s degree, government related course work or equivalent desirable.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-19