Political Compliance Manager
Political Compliance Manager
The Political Compliance Manager will provide Political Action Committee (PAC) and lobbying compliance and management services to our clients. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing federal and state campaign finance and other regulatory filings for approximately 15 corporate and association clients. Regular tasks include: entering or managing the entry of data in client PAC databases; screening proposed contributions against relevant prohibitions and limits; performing regular bank reconciliations; and, assisting clients in PAC management and internal reporting. In addition, for selected clients, the incumbent will act as primary relationship manager and will be responsible for managing client expectations, communicating project status, increasing customer satisfaction, ensuring customer retention, identifying and pursuing up sell opportunities, and resolving product/business issues experienced by the clients. This position requires extreme attention to detail, ability to manage or switch among multiple tasks rapidly, and ability to meet multiple statutory deadlines.
Please identify specific campaign finance filing experience in your resume or cover letter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file Federal and State campaign finance reports with appropriate agencies.
- Prepare and file lobbying, pay-to-play and non-profit tax forms for clients as needed.
- Import or enter receipt and disbursement activity and HR files in PAC software.
- Serve as primary point of contact and overall relationship manager for assigned customers.
- Perform banking services (account set-up, deposits, check preparation, ledger, and reconciliation) for client PACs.
- Track disbursement limits and prohibitions.
- Develop detailed operating procedures for each client.
- Train clients on the proper use of the software to meet their PAC program goals and objectives.
- Prepare financial and PAC management reports.
- Prepare letters to accompany disbursements as needed. • Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Assist in new client software conversions and custom programming needs.
- Work with Compliance and Development teams to resolve client data or functionality issues.
- Attend events and conferences as a representative of the company and the department.
- BA/BS in accounting, political science, business, or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in filing federal (required) and state (desirable) campaign finance reports.
- Professional and interpersonal skills required to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite and tools, including Excel.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as a part of a team.
- General knowledge of the legislative process and interest in politics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Training or experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Experience in filing Federal or state lobbying disclosure reports.
- Experience in filing non-profit tax returns (990, 1120 POL)
- Facility with QuickBooks.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
All positions are Full-Time, with competitive compensation, medical benefits, paid vacation, 401k plan and stock options. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make this a fun place to work and learn in a team environment. Please visit our website at www.aristotle.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-16