Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Political Director. If you are seeking a collaborative environment with a focus on strategic political outreach and support, this role is for you! The Political Director will play a key part in interacting with political candidates, implementing and managing administration of aggressive political action campaigns, and strategizing and advising on political action and support on behalf of candidates. A successful candidate will have political campaign experience, a proven track record of presentation skills and presentation development as well as knowledge of FEC rules, and the drive and passion to build relationships on a national scale.
- Direct political outreach to candidates/parties and related entities to assist in CUNA’s political efforts on behalf of supported candidates, with particular attention and outreach to Democratic campaigns, candidates and committees.
- Work with leagues and credit unions to implement aggressive political action campaigns on behalf of targeted candidates, such as field and GOTV campaigns.
- Work with Washington PAC fundraisers to coordinate CUNA-hosted events on behalf of Members and candidates at Credit Union House and with state leagues and credit unions on local events.
- Research and monitor federal campaigns and candidates.
- Plan and execute voter contact programs, such as Independent Expenditures and Partisan Communications.
- Manage candidate selection process.
- Advise Deputy Chief Advocacy Officer and Chief Political Officer on appropriate political action and support on behalf of candidates.
- Manage administration of PAC to include clearing and processing of disbursements, candidate budgets and disbursement decisions in coordination with state leagues. Supervise Political Program Manager in execution of this function.
- Direct CUNA participation and engagement in national political events such as national party conventions and similar events. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Political Science, Government, History or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years political campaign/committee, PAC management political fundraising, or Capitol Hill experience is required. Contacts with Democratic political community strongly preferred.
- Experience with Federal Election Law and political environment helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Proven track record of presentation skills and presentation development as well as knowledge of FEC rules are needed.
Internal job grade: 12
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-06