Political Law Compliance, Government Relations Compliance Officer
Do you have legal, compliance and/or regulatory experience with a strong understanding of rules related to doing business with government entities? Do you know attempts to influence U.S. government contracting and purchasing decisions may constitute “procurement lobbying” and require registration and reporting requirements? Are you aware of various state and local gift & entertainment laws that severely limit what Public Officials can accept from interested parties? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– act as a compliance and operational risk control subject-matter expert in the area of Political Law
– review requests related to solicitation of government entity business, gifts & entertainment, charitable donations, and sponsorships
– pre-clear personal political contributions in accordance with ‘’pay-to-play’’ laws including state and municipal rules
– research procurement lobbying laws to determine whether registration is necessary based on business activity
– provide advice and training to our businesses and functions regarding policy and legal/regulatory compliance
– complete ad hoc Anti Bribery & Corruption projects as needed
Your role will work with the Government Relations/Anti-Bribery & Corruption team, which is part of the Global Financial Crime Department located in Weehawken, New Jersey. We are responsible for conducting internal reviews of business requests to service government entities located in the United States, making procurement lobbyist registration determinations, reviewing requests for pre-clearance of personal political contributions to reasonably ensure compliance with applicable “pay-to-play” rules, and requests to provide gifts & entertainment to Public Officials to ensure compliance with state and local gift & entertainment laws.
– JD from an accredited law school
– 3-5 years of securities or business ethics, anti-bribery/FCPA experience at a law firm, regulatory agency, or financial institution. Direct government relations or political law experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficient computer literacy
– Highly flexible, multi-task oriented and capable of changing directions based on business demands.
– Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage conflict and deal with pressure in a positive manner.
– Extremely detail-oriented with ability to evaluate different, complex situations and make appropriate and timely decisions.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-19