Political Risk Management Consultant (Government Relations & Public Policy Senior Associate)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Stakeholder Relations brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s critical stakeholders. Responsible for monitoring the current environment and developing comprehensive stakeholder strategies across various influencer groups, the team includes: Corporate Communications, Government Relations & Public Policy, Investor Relations, Philanthropy, Community Relations and Diversity & Inclusion.
Reporting to the Government Relations & Public Policy Compliance Manager, this position will be responsible for providing oversight of risk management process controls. He / she will assess the adequacy of policies, procedures and processes in addition to managing related projects and workflows.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise to further develop business control processes, procedures and documentation to account for new or changing risk areas, and to ensure a consistent and comprehensive approach
- Develop materials to effectively communicate critical management related information
- Effectively manage the third party vendor contracts area for outside lobbyist engagements
- Resolve and document the resolution of questions related to political regulatory compliance issues
- Manage and coordinate periodic departmental GRPP policy updates
- Coordinate the development and delivery of GRPP department compliance training
- Manage ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of issues and remediation activities
- Assist with preparing for and responding to internal and / or external reviews or examinations
- Develop and coordinate special projects
The Government Relations & Public Policy (GRPP) team leads the company’s engagement with policy makers and leaders at the federal, state, and local levels on public policy and regulatory matters that affect our ability to conduct business and serve customers. The team includes six areas of practice: Federal Government Relations, State and Local Government Relations, Regulatory Relations, Public Policy, Political Programs, and External Relations, and is supported by the GRPP Compliance Operations team.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 4+ years of experience in government relations or public affairs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience within an operational risk function, assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures and processes
- Experience managing third party vendor management contracts
- Experience executing organizational change initiatives and concurrent work streams
- Experience with third party contracts management software (e.g. TRIMS)
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships and working across large organizations
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-03