Polling & Analytics Manager
The Hub Project
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers
with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where
everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we
make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
We’re looking for a Manager of Polling & Analytics to support a robust public opinion research and analytics pipeline managed here by The Hub Project.
Our team develops and executes measurement plans through polling and analytics to strategically inform progressive campaigns across the entire organization, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and society. We develop products that range from internal analyses to products for public release. The Polling & Analytics Manager manages the day-to-day execution of all public opinion research and analytics projects, including instrument development, data analysis, identifying key findings and strategic recommendations for reporting in memos or presentations, and communicating them internally and externally.
The ideal candidate is someone who is intimately versed on broader trends in public opinion, and has experience managing all aspects of the research lifecycle on quantitative and qualitative public opinion research projects, with a heavy focus on overseeing Navigator Research. This position is also responsible for coordinating day-to-day relationships with external consultants and assisting with data and information sharing with key partners that we frequently work with.
As Manager, Polling & Analytics, you will:
- Work with external consultants to oversee all components of multiple, simultaneous quantitative and qualitative research lifecycles, including questionnaire design, discussion guides, sample design, field management, data analysis, and both written and graphical reporting for both Navigator Research products and other public opinion research projects that inform our campaigns.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with polling and analytics vendors.
- Present and communicate results from polling, data, and analytics projects both internally to strategically inform and advance The Hub Project’s issue advocacy campaigns, as well as to external stakeholders across the progressive community, elected officials, and the press.
- Maintain awareness of key public opinion trends and communicate them to internal teams both to inform campaign strategies and to help determine plans of action for future research.
- Provide support to the Director, Associate Director, and/or external consultants for drafting requests for proposals, discussion guides, survey instruments, data analysis, and written or graphical reports.
- Collaborate with our communications team to review documents (e.g., press releases, media advisories, op-eds, etc.) related to Navigator Research releases or other publicly-released research.
- Work with the Director and Associate Director to continue expansion of The Hub Project’s capacity for advanced quantitative assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You’re committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have at least two years/cycles experience working in survey research, data science, and/or analytics (such as with a research supplier, market research organization, or media outlet).
- You have previous project and people management experience.
- You’ve provided support to all parts of the research lifecycle for survey research projects.
- You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You’re familiar and comfortable adapting data into key findings and strategic recommendations.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience with statistical software packages, such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
- You have experience with querying tools (e.g., SQL) or modeling development.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply for this Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub Project. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-09