PR/Communications – Account Supervisor
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero is seeking a full-time Account Supervisor with experience and deep interest in communications and press strategies. We’re looking for a candidate who can lead client teams that deploy social media campaigns, pitch press, turn a clever phrase and stay on the leading edge of how we get our client’s messages out today. Someone who understands the most important goal is moving public perception. We seek highly creative and strategic individuals who are collaborative, ambitious, dependable, and passionate about developing integrated campaigns.
About the Job
The job itself: This is both a strategic and hands-on role. You’ll be leading and collaborating with other team members to develop communication strategies and implementing communications initiatives. You’ll use your writing skills to take complex issues and transform them with appropriate messaging for various audiences. You’ll work collaboratively with our in-house creative and digital teams with video, web and related projects. And you’ll coach team members in their development. We’re looking for an innovative and driven communications professional that is looking to be a well-rounded strategist. Someone who sees that media, press, and communications are all tied together now, with social media more important than ever—but picking up the phone and pitching just as important.
- Educate staff and stay up-to-date on client dynamics, positions and messaging, as well as relevant conditions in the external environment; understand complex issues and describe them for audiences with varying levels of subject matter expertise.
- Identify opportunities for expanding our services to current clients.
- Be the day-to-day leader on accounts you are assigned to.
- Participate in business development as needed.
- Manage teams deploying social media campaigns, both paid and organic.
- Build, maintain and grow active network of key local, state and national reporters at both legacy and new media outlets; actively, opportunistically and successfully pitch and place stories in target media.
- Identify and prepare spokespeople for media interviews while also serving as a spokesperson as needed; draft briefing documents and talking points.
- Write head-turning copy that distills complex political, policy, regulatory and public perception challenges into compelling narrative, including social copy, OpEds and speeches; successfully place pieces in target media.
- Work with design teams to leverage social and digital media channels with shareable content, infographics and social posts that drive and/or amplify client narrative and placed stories.
- Conceptualize, organize, execute and assess media events of behalf client; generate media placements to drive and/or amplify event.
- Attend networking events before, during and after business hours as needed.
- Demonstrate project management skills to manage large and complex projects including establishing and maintaining timelines and ensuring quality assurance of all client deliverables.
- Act as a strategic partner and tactical leader to help accomplish the client’s goals.
- Assist team members with identifying value-add opportunities within existing client engagements.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in media relations, public relations, social media and/or communications.
- Strong leadership skills and a desire to continually improve.
- On-the-record experience with proven results.
- Previous account management and business development experience is a plus.
- Fluent in social media trends, strategies and best practices, having used social not only for marketing but also to successfully pitch media.
- Strong time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with track record of placed written content.
- Knowledge of the legislative process; previous Capitol Hill experience is a plus.
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and issues.
- Solid research, analysis, and editing skills; ability to understand and explain complex policy issues in an emotionally-compelling way.
- Demonstrated experience working on large and multi-faceted projects.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Solid project management and organizational skills, with proven ability to manage deadlines.
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving strategic communications skills; eagerness to grow as a leader.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects.
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
We’d love to hear from you!
SOME OF WHAT WE OFFER
- Great culture from a quarterly Mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and we care about learning, growing & having fun.
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Operate as flatly as possible with an open floor plan & profit-sharing bonus plan.
- Employee development-focused environment with an Adfero U program and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- Formal Quarterly Review Sessions.
- Competitive benefits with a 3% retirement savings match, 100% immediate vesting.
- 12 vacation days in 1st year, 15 days in 2-3 years, 20 days in 4+ years; 5 sick days.
- Data reimbursement plan.
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-19