Every high-technology product from Yokogawa has to fulfill three basic criteria: Quality, Innovation, and Foresight. We are one of the world leaders in industrial automation and process optimization, test and measurement, information systems and industrial services. Besides being of high quality, innovative and advanced, our products are also safe and resilient. We develop, engineer, implement and maintain technology that requires highly trained, and skilled professionals to maintain and further develop our quality processes.
Yokogawa is seeking to hire a PR/Communications Specialist
The purpose of this role is to manage and drive external media relations (and associated content) in-house, as well as internal communications. External media relations will involve regular outreach to source opportunities and pitch stories that profile Yokogawa in an impactful way. Internal communications will involve close collaboration with the HR function to develop and execute a strategic internal communications program.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and management of YCA’s PR strategy, campaigns and activities in North America which effectively communicate YCA’s value proposition.
- Develop a pipeline of news and storylines for target media, thereby strengthening YCA’s reputation as a dependable resource for target media.
- Arrange media briefings with executives and subject matter experts, including briefing preparation and follow-up.
- Cultivate media relationships and build new media channels, contacts and outlets (with a focus on business and national media)
- Proactively seek out relevant media opportunities, secure media placements and provide guidance on upcoming publication opportunities.
- Cultivate and write engaging content including emails, newsletters, social media posts, blogs, video content, customer success stories, press releases, news briefs etc.
- Promote customer references in North American PR activities.
- Assist with media relations activities before, during and after key events.
- Manage enquires from media and other organizations as the first point of contact.
- Track, create and produce metrics for and report public relations coverage.
- Develop and execute a strategic internal communications program to increase employee engagement, cultivate a positive company culture and align all employees with overall business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PR, journalism, marketing, communications or the arts.
- PR agency experience
- Proven track record in successfully executing multi-stakeholder product, public relations and / or brand campaigns to a B2B audience.
- Thorough understanding of business, technology and vertical market media for B2B in the Energy and Chemical industry.
- Effective written and verbal communicator with internal and external audiences and stakeholders, including C-level audiences within the Energy and Chemical industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English
- Expert writing and proof-reading skills with the ability to deliver high impact press releases, media briefs, blogs and social media.
- Ability to write clearly and convincingly about the business value of complex B2B technology-based solutions. Proven ability to craft clear, compelling stories and synthesize complex technical product information.
- Ability to execute multiple projects and multi-task within a changing business and technology environment, while keeping an eye on detail.
- Dependable, detail-oriented and energetic. Self-starter who will initiate and engage various teams to develop the appropriate positioning and messaging.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other team members to achieve department goals and hit deadlines.
- Output-oriented and adept at balancing strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Proven at influencing stakeholders, e.g. product marketing, product management, social media and sales leadership, for content creation and message coordination.
- Proven track record of getting company initiatives published in print and online trade journals and other earned media outlets.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Yokogawa.
Job posted: 2020-09-10