Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies. David Geffen Hall, the home of the Philharmonic, is currently under renovation and the orchestra is performing in several different venues this season. The new hall will re-open to the public in the fall of 2022 with state-of-the art acoustics and more inviting spaces.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a PR Coordinator to enhance the Philharmonic’s public profile by securing coverage in traditional and new media; coordinate complex logistics for events, announcements, and department projects; work as part of a team to engage Philharmonic audiences across social platforms.
· Work closely with team to generate and develop story ideas around Philharmonic programming and initiatives as part of a larger organizational strategy.
· Project manage, organize, and assist team in executing publicity plans that includes managing the day-to-day press release schedule, PR-specific projects (i.e. Season Preview outreach), coordinating with Publications on blog post schedule, etc.
· Maintain and cultivate media relationships, encouraging coverage of the Philharmonic in traditional and non-traditional media; identify new opportunities and outlets; stay on top of changes in media environment; generate new ideas for media coverage on an ongoing basis.
· Work with Director, PR to execute promotional social media plans around Philharmonic concerts and initiatives through the Philharmonic’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube primarily).
· Organize and coordinate logistics around all major press events, including annual season announcement, press conferences, cocktail receptions/parties, and external promotional events as needed.
· Each member of PR staff to equitably share in the responsibilities of concert duty for concerts and events throughout the year, including “all hands on” events (such as Parks, Opening Night, etc.).
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
College degree with minimum of two years’ public relations and administrative/coordination experience in fast-paced environment; knowledge of classical music; excellent writing, editing skills; strong interpersonal skills; previous experience with Cision and Photoshop. Familiarity with traditional and new media on a local, national and international basis. Discretion and the ability to multi-task while meeting very tight deadlines are essential. Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
The New York Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, immigration or citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital and partnership status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or active military service member or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws in its employment policies.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
Job posted: 2022-01-09