Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Public Relations Coordinator is an integral member of the teamwho will provide support to the Senior Director and Manager to ensure asuccessfully organized department within a fast paced, energetic and innovativecultural brand. The role requires strong collaboration and communication, partneringwith the broader marketing and cross functional teams on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure that sample closet is organized and maintained bymanaging seasonal sample checks on a monthly and seasonal basis. Review all samples in the closet and pullline drops as necessary.
- Liaise with Merchandising and Product Development teams toensure the PR team has accurate samples, order seasonal samples and monitorincoming sample orders.
- Support the Manager, PR with the facilitation of alleditorial sample requests by coordinating with internal departments andexternal vendors to coordinate messengers/shipments to ensure samples aredelivered on time and returned properly.
- Maintain the Sample Trafficking reports and coordinate witheditors, stylist and assistants for sample pulls and returns.
- Monthly Press Reports: Organize and compile all PR coverage(broadcast, print, digital, social, celebrity and special projects) into theMonthly Press Recap for distribution. Ensure all press is accounted for monthly
- Media monitoring: On a daily basis, monitor all media placementsand any product seeing online, in print and social media via Cession Database
- Oversee and update all PR master lists
WHO YOU ARE
- Social Media: Support PR to pull and seed product for PRdriven social media initiatives
- VIP and Product Launch Seeding: Order all seeding productand gift-wrapping materials.Coordinatelogistics for seeding, messenger and shipping.
- Asset Management: Download, organize and update all PRfiles on the server including but not limited to hi res imagery, press releasesand look books
- Use Cision to monitor media, develop reports and build outmedia lists.
- Assist Manager with invoice submission to Accounts Payableand Supplier Set Up
- Special Projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or RelatedField
- Minimum 1-2-year experience
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft office with strongPowerPoint experience
BENEFITS AT GAP
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-19