Whilst many companies are struggling to find their way in these changeable times, Too Good To Go has just hit its stride. As a company with a bold and clear mission, to rid the world of food waste, it is attracting attention from media and influencers across Europe. In 2019 the company was named ‘Europe’s Hottest Start-up’, by the TNW Conference, and with its great ambition it’s easy to see why.
The US East Coast launch provides an exciting opportunity for a PR to really make their mark. Supported by the International Marketing Team in Denmark you will take the successes from Europe and bring them to the US market.
As a social impact company taking on a global issue, there are many great stories to tell and the back-up of an amazing group of Waste Warriors to help you tell them.
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven PR Manager who will implement the global PR strategy for Too Good To Go in the US. Reporting to the CMO, this opportunity needs someone who is a self-starter and is comfortable developing and activating a media strategy that can hit a number of stakeholders.
The company is creating a movement around food waste and this means targeting numerous media segments including; business, consumer, B2B and public affairs. There are many organic stories to tell but we also want to be proactive and creative in how we draw attention to the issue, making sure the US knows that we have arrived. This is a great opportunity to get a serious issue onto the media agenda and help drive behaviour change.
- Develop the PR & media strategy of the company in the US market
- Plan and exchange strategies and ideas with the global PR team
- Proactively seek high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Plan, create & coordinate proactive stories. Ensure you have the right content, distribute it to all the relevant parties, conduct diligent follow-ups to secure coverage and gain insight on what will work for the brand in the US
- Manage reactive media enquiries and interview requests
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Highlight any potential issues / crisis matters to local and global teams. Understand and follow the TGTG crisis management procedures
- Help position our global and local spokespeople on food waste as the ‘go-to’ experts on this issue in your market
- Work with global PR and Movement teams to provide strong points of view on the issue and create a plan of which media we need to target
- Provide thorough briefings before each interview opportunity
- Help spokespeople understand the appropriate tone to strike in the interview dependent on the media opportunity
- Support with event planning and coordination (B2B and B2C)
- Research and evaluate opportunities for Too Good To Go to be present and participate in relevant events & awards in the US that will make a significant impact
- Handle award applications and provide marketing material for events
- 5+ years’ experience in a PR role. Experience within an agency is highly valued!
- A strong network of media and press contacts who you nurture and can capitalize on
- Proven record of creating and executing strategic, creative and successful PR campaigns
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into PR tactics
- 100% target-oriented and resourceful, with a positive, flexible mindset
- Strong news sense, able to advise the team on what will and won’t make it in media
- A natural storyteller and good copywriter
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape, particularly in New York and Boston and how to make the most out of a story
- A willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing fast-growing environment
- You possess an open mindset and like to work in an international environment
- Ready to roll up your sleeves with a tenacious approach to getting our story told
- An interest in food waste and sustainability with an ability to understand the issue in detail
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 560 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
- Extra paid vacation days.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
- We’d love to welcome you on board this summer!
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2020-06-12