About Phase 3 Marketing & Communications:
Founded in 2001, Phase 3 is an integrated marketing services firm, simplifying the way brands connect with their customers. A commitment to ideation to execution means Phase 3 offers everything from creative, digital, marketing and public relations to small- and large-format digital, and offset printing. We manage the picture of projects – start-to-finish, arm-in-arm – like no other partner. With locations across the eastern United States, including Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Nashville and Fairfield – New Jersey, our reach and efficiencies enable our team to creatively and effectively solve clients’ biggest marketing challenges, together.
Phase 3 is recognized annually as a top 10 marketing services firm by the Atlanta Business Chronicle and as a top 15 marketing services firm by the Charlotte Business Journal and Nashville Business Journal. The company has been ranked among the flagship Printing Impressions 400 annually since 2011, and additional accolades include Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2015 Pacesetter Award, placement on the 2017 Inc. 5000 List for Fasted Growing Private Companies, and recognition as one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work.
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for daily contact between Phase 3 and multiple client accounts. The Public Relations Manager interfaces with various agency departments to create, edit, deliver and move PR projects that integrate with marketing programs or stand alone on behalf of the client. This includes initiatives around special events, media relations, social media, corporate communications or public affairs/community relations.
The Public Relations Manager works alongside the Public Relations Director and Public Relations Coordinator on respective client accounts. The Public Relations Manager has major input in developing strategic marketing PR plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis, and tracking for return on investment in conjunction with the PR Coordinator. The PR Manager will have direct contact with the client, with guidance from the strategic lead, and drives day-to-day account work with the PR Coordinator.
A successful Public Relations Manager demonstrates expertise on client’s business, customers, competition, business problems and opportunities; and the ability to use that information to meet or exceed client needs. It is imperative the PR Manager is resourceful, proactive, forward thinking, organized and has impressive time management skills. It is required to actively manage multiple accounts at once and work in a team environment. He or she will report to the Public Relations Director.
- Execute scope of work for clients, which can include media relations, grassroots marketing, event management, community relations and/or social media
- Takes proactive ownership of client work and manages work autonomously
- Always positions self as the owner of the client’s reputation. Capable of thinking through reputation issues and opportunities as decisions are being made on behalf of the client’s business.
- Manages PR Coordinator, when applicable, and reports to PR Director
- Facilitates communication between client and agency team alongside Senior PR Manager
- Organizes and leads both client and internal meetings
- Facilitates the development of the client’s PR plan
- Prepares and stewards action items and timelines
- Takes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all client work
- Regularly drafts and distributes pitches and press releases, maintaining target media lists
- Actively pitches on behalf of clients without directive from client or PR Director
- Tracks earned press coverage and shares with client alongside PR Coordinator
- Creative ideation and execution of, when needed, creative marketing campaigns
- Monitors industry trends and news, both locally and nationally
- Provides counsel and management over PR Coordinator and interns, when applicable
- Obtain approvals from Senior Manager, Director and clients, as applicable
- Client event attendance
- Minimum 4-year college degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising or related field
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office software
- Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) standards
- Great relationship building skills
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; have strong organizational and problem-solving skills; must have very good attention to detail; and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive versus reactive
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-14