Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning app in the world, with over 500 million learners and over 4 million fans following us on social media. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about making learning fun, building love for our products, and making our brand even more iconic. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
This role will be part of the Communications team, within the global Marketing team. It will report to the Global Head of Communications. You will work closely with our social media team, product marketing managers, country marketing managers; and external agencies.
- Help tell a diverse range of stories about Duolingo
- Manage media relations for Duolingo in the US and other English markets
- Provide strategic guidance & management for agency partners
- Lead global PR campaigns around key seasonal moments or earned media activity
- Own a conference calendar and craft compelling speaker submissions
- Train teammates on speaking to the press
- Track all of our press coverage
- Shown success as a PR Manager for a global consumer brand
- Strong familiarity with media outlets, and existing relationships with reporters
- Experience crafting PR strategies for different products and audiences
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 5+ years of meaningful professional experience
Exceptional candidates will have…
- Passion for language learning or education
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-13