Crown Electrokinetics (Nasdaq: CRKN) is a smart glass technology company and the creator of DynamicTint – We Make Your Glass Smarter™. Originally invented by Hewlett-Packard (HP, Inc.), our technology allows any glass surface to transition between clear and dark in seconds. With applications to a wide array of windows, including commercial buildings, automotive sunroofs, and residential skylights, we partner with leading glass and film manufacturers for mass production and distribution. At the core of our technology is a thin film that is powered by electrically-charged pigment which not only replaces common window tints but is also a more sustainable alternative to traditional window treatments. With its unique ability to be retrofitted to existing glass, DynamicTint™ offers myriad benefits related to reducing carbon emissions. The company is supported by a robust patent portfolio.
Crown is a culture-driven company that rewards initiative and allows for growth and autonomy. We encourage and reward free thinking. Deeply passionate about technology that helps the world reduce carbon emissions, we are an inclusive team that is looking to add skill sets in all areas of the Company.
Crown has an opportunity for an experienced, passionate, and creative Public Relations Manager to join our team and help craft our story. Reporting to the CMO, the successful candidate will oversee public and media relations, social media, and internal communications. This position provides a rare and unique opportunity to be an early hire in a growing business. The PR Manager is a critical hire with many opportunities for growth and development. The successful candidate will be a strategic, hands-on leader who will be able to scale with the company and take on larger responsibilities over time.
What You Will Do
- Develop, coordinate, and manage strategic public relations campaigns
- Plan PR roadmaps, including schedules and calendars
- Manage news releases and feature articles
- Arrange interviews between company executives and press representatives
- Pitch stories to consumer and business press and lead inbound media inquiries
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant reporters, publications, and other partners
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- 5+ years of public relations experience in an agency or in-house, preferably at a startup or high growth company
- Successful track record of developing and delivering communications strategies, working closely with journalists and responding to media requests
- Strong, relevant pre-existing media relationships in cleantech, climate tech, sustainability or venture/startups within digital, print, and broadcast media
- Outstanding verbal and writing communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO and the role of PR in driving site traffic and rankings
- Strong writer and editor with a passion for technology and sustainability
The Crown Advantage
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work from home/remote work option
- The opportunity to scale, transform, and grow
Crown is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Job posted: 2021-08-17