PR Manager, Books
Amazon is looking for an experienced PR manager to join its public relations team supporting the Books business. The Books public relations team promotes reading innovations and supports communication to authors and readers. The team responds to brand/reputational issues by scenario planning and ensures the Books business is represented accurately in the press.
This role, which can be based in Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA, will help manage reactive media inquiries, while developing forward-looking scenario plans. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly to address complicated scenarios. They will be responsible for developing externally facing statements and responses for the press and authors. They will support multiple lines across Amazon’s Books business, including Kindle Direct Publishing and reading innovations. The candidate should be familiar and engaged with the book industry and reading technology, and use that knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming issues or trends.
· Manage reactive media inquiries that span multiple lines across Amazon’s Books business, including Kindle Direct Publishing, and ensure factually accurate representation of those business lines in the press.
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
· Build and maintain relationships with key media outlets/reporters in the publishing and tech industry to discuss and manage tough stories, correct inaccuracies, and establish a connection point for future story development.
· Write, develop, and manage approvals of external communications materials dealing with sensitive and timely topics.
· Participate in multi-stakeholder response meetings to provide insight and guidance from an external communications point of view.
· 8+ years of communications experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience with managing issues and crisis communication.
· Knowledge of the publishing industry and a passion for reading.
· Experience building strategies to enhance corporate reputation.
· Experience gaining alignment with cross-functional teams.
· Skill in developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-05